This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our Policy Disclosure and thanks for the support.
Did you know there’s a National Dino Day?? Yep, there is and it’s May 15th!! I have two boys in my house who love dinosaurs. Anything in their imaginations that they can make growl, stomp and eat things is right up their alley! Did you also know that LEGO is releasing awesome sets featuring scenes and characters from Jurassic World? Again, yes! What a perfect way to celebrate National Dino Day!
Look how amazingly detailed the Blue’s Helicopter Pursuit set is! There are enough figures for sharing, great for my two LEGO Lovers and even a friend or two to have hours of play fun! Here are some fun details about the set:
LEGO Jurassic World Blue’s Helicopter Pursuit – $39.99, 397 pieces, Ages 7+
Unite Owen with the faithful Velociraptor in this thrilling Blue’s Helicopter Rescue set, inspired by Jurassic World™. Wheatley has trapped Blue in a cage and attached it to his helicopter, featuring rotating blades, 6-stud shooter and dual searchlights. Set off in the quad bike with trailer and fire the crossbow, rescue the dinosaur and retrieve the dinosaur eggs. This cool toy for kids includes 3 minifigures and a Velociraptor figure.
- Includes 3 minifigures: Owen, Wheatley and a pilot, plus a Blue the Velociraptor figure.
- Features an open-door helicopter with rotating blades, belly hook, 6-stud shooter, dual searchlights and space for a storage chest, plus a cage with folding sides and frame with attachment for helicopter cable, and a quad bike with a spare tire.
- Velociraptor features posable limbs and snapping jaws.
- Turn the handle to set the helicopter blades spinning!
- Place the Velociraptor in the trap, fold up the sides and then lift it up using the helicopter’s belly hook and fly off.
- Shoot Owen’s crossbow stud shooter at the helicopter to make it land, then release Blue from the cage and retrieve the stolen dinosaur eggs.
- Weapons include a tranquilizer gun with a syringe, a handgun stud shooter and a crossbow stud shooter.
- Accessory elements include Owen’s backpack, dinosaur tooth, chicken leg and a dinosaur egg.
My boys got a kick out of the dinosaur’s name because our dog’s name is Blue too!
I wanted a creative way for my boys to find their new Lego set so I cut dinosaur foot prints out of contact paper to create a trail to lead them to their “catch”. You can find the cut file here.
I also made dino print cookies with pre-made sugar cookie dough and strawberry jam.
Once my boys got home from school, they were able to follow the tracks to this! Their faces were priceless! I even found chocolate “rocks” for my builders to feast on while building.
They both start “calling” which characters they’ll get to play with even before the box has been opened!
They were SO ready to get started!
Of course, the first figure built was Blue. What a sweet face! 😉
Can’t wait to see all of these pieces put together!
Blue can’t wait either!
The finished project, ready for imaginations to take flight!!
How are you celebrating National Dino Day??
Happy NATIONALDINODAY! My kids appreciate your blog. Thanksgiving post it is!
Arthur recently posted…SAS Snake Recurve Bow Review-60 Inch Ambidextrous Bow
Jolly & Happy says