You might remember that awhile back Lara and I attended SNAP Conference in April. It’s a super fun, really informational blogger conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. We’ve been attending for the past three years and love all of the blogger friends we’ve made! We also got a chance to meet with Jamie at FloraCraft. FloraCraft had such a fun challenge for us bloggers using a new set of products featuring Hersheys Kisses!! This definitely got my creative juices flowing!
As you can tell by the packaging, these kits are meant to enhance your holidays but the idea I had can be perfect for a holiday gathering or a “sweet” decoration all year round!
The two kits I used to create my project were the Hersheys Kisses Wreath Starter Kit and the Kisstletoe Starter Kit.
If you’re planning on using the kits as suggested, they have a number of Kisses needed written in the instructions. Since I was going rouge, I ended up needing around 150. I found my kisses in the bulk section at Winco but if buying bags, I would say you would need around 5 of the small bags.
I needed my Kisses to be black in color and I was able to find black wrapped Kisses on Amazon but they were more than I wanted to spend. So I found these foil wrappers to re-wrap my Kisses instead. 3″x3″ would have been the perfect size but I was only able to find 4″x4″ so I ended up getting those and cutting them to size. Thankfully I found a use for my scraps later on!
Be careful when wrapping. The foil is thin and can rip or tear easily.
Have you seen this tool before?? It’s amazing! The FloraCraft StyroCutter Plus makes cutting foam feel like cutting butter with a warm knife! If you’re ever using foam, buy this!!
I needed the foam ball to be cut in half. StyroCutter to the rescue!!
My wreath is starting to take shape!!
In order to attach the ears to my wreath, I used large popsicle sticks glued on the back.
Remember my scraps? I put them to use to make my foam background black to match my Kisses candies with a little help from ModPodge.
Once dry, you can’t see the adhesive anymore.
Although, I think the glued sticks would have held, I started to worry my Kisses candies would make my ears too heavy so secured them with duct tape.
Once my ears were attached to my wreath (head), I started to add the Kisses candies with the glue dots included in the kits. These are clear and super sticky! Be sure to not accidentally touch the other dots, they will stick to whatever they touch!
Start at the top of the ball and eyeball the other rows. I ended up with four rows, including my initial one candy at the top.
I then hot glued the hanging ribbon to the back under each ear.
And here it is!! My Mickey Kisses Wreath! It turned out better than I had imagined!
What a sweet decoration!
Maybe you wondered as I did, what the wreath would look like without the Kisses tags… Well, here is that version. I honestly like it both ways.
Keep this fun idea in mind for your next party. Especially if its Disney-themed!